Abraham Marcadis, M.D.
Tampa Plastic Surgeon
Choosing the plastic surgeon most appropriate for you, is one of the most important decisions you will make when it comes to cosmetic surgery. You must feel confident that your doctor is qualified and experienced. Dr. Marcadis has gained a reputation as a trusted name in plastic surgery for over 20 years.
Dr. Marcadis is a native of South Tampa and graduated from Jesuit High School. He began his journey to be a surgeon by attending the prestigious Emory University in Atlanta for his bachelor’s degree. During that time, he was elected into Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society. He graduated with honors in 1975. Dr. Marcadis elected to continue his medical education at Emory University College of Medicine and was also selected into AOA Medical Honor Society; he graduated from medical school in 1979 with honors.
Dr. Marcadis started his surgical training at Emory-Grady and completed his residency in general surgery at the University of South Florida. During his last year of residency at USF, Dr. Marcadis served as a Chief Resident in General Surgery. During this time, he researched, wrote and published articles on muscle flaps. After being board certified by the American Board of Surgery in 1985, Dr. Marcadis decided to continue his training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He completed his residency in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the respected Texas Medical Center- Baylor (Houston) and was a Chief Resident in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He received his certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery in 1988.
Since then, Dr. Marcadis has served multiple appointed positions including the Chief of Surgery at Memorial Hospital and President of the Tampa Bay Society of Plastic Surgeons. He was also on the executive committee of Hillsborough County Medical Association and still serves as an Affiliated Assistant Professor at USF College of Medicine. He has been listed in “Top Doctors in America” as well as “Top Surgeons in America.”
Dr. Marcadis has been practicing in South Tampa since 1986. In 2002, Dr. Marcadis opened Marcadis Plastic Surgery and Medical Spa in the heart of South Tampa. Marcadis Plastic Surgery and Medical Spa is the first office surgery program in Central Florida to be accredited by The Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Health Care Organization (JCAHO). JCAHO is considered the gold standard in accreditation and is the same accrediting organization that most hospitals use. This enables Marcadis Plastic Surgery to perform surgery in office.
Although his academic credentials and training are exceptional, Dr. Marcadis prides himself with his personal down to earth approach to cosmetic surgery and patient care. With his gentle and unhurried manner, Dr. Marcadis has enriched the lives of his patients for over 20 years by listening attentively to their concerns while designing a unique and individualized cosmetic surgery program that best suits their needs. Marcadis Plastic Surgery has a dedicated and knowledgeable medical staff. Marcadis Plastic Surgery and Medical Spa also specializes in laser hair removal, medical peels and medical grade skin care and utilizes the most up to date non-surgical skin care techniques to rejuvenate the skin to its more youthful and vibrant luster.
- General Surgery- American Board of Surgery 1985
- Plastic Surgery- American Board of Plastic Surgery 1988, re-certified in 2005
- College – Emory University – Bachelors – Chemistry (Graduated with Honors)
- Medical School- Emory University – MD (Graduated with Honors)
- General Surgery- Emory-Grady and University of South Florida (Chief Resident)
- Plastic Surgery- Texas Medical Center- Baylor (Chief Resident)
Appointments/ Elected Offices
- Chief of Surgery- Memorial Hospital
- President- Tampa Bay Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Executive Committee- Hillsborough County Medical Association
- Affiliated Assistant Professor- University of South Florida College of Medicine Members
- FACS- Fellow of American College of Surgeons
- AMA- American Medical Association
- ASAPS- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- ASPS- American Society of Plastic Surgery
- HCMA- Hillsborough County Medical Association
- FMA- Florida Medical Association
- TBSPS- Tampa Bay Society of Plastic Surgeons